From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:21:59 -0500
Irene Scopelliti wrote:

>To my opinion, the best recording is on a double cd, Sony essential
>classics take two sb2k 63247
>
>Enigma Var., Philadelphia Orch., Ormandy
>Cello Concerto, Jacqueline du Pre, Philadelphia Orch., Baremboim
>Cockaigne ouv., Philadelphia Orchestra, Ormandy
>Pomp and Circumstance, Philarmonia Orchestra, Andrew Davis
>Violin Concerto, Pinchas Zukerman, L.S.O., Baremboim

Just my opinion, that's all. . . .

The Enigma, which I like for what it is, is very very lush and romantic.
I personally think it is more Ormandy than Elgar, but I like Ormandy so I'm
glad to have it as one of many recordings.  Some variations work better
than others.

The Cello Concerto is quite good, but the sound on my LP is very poor.
That CD transfer (which I don't know) will have to be very good for it
to do the job.

Roger Hecht