From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 07:57:20 PST
I had a dream that I contributed to this type of thread in the past.
But, I enjoy sharing my opinions on recordings, so I'll list them again:

Schubert - Piano Sonata D. 959 - Brendel - Philips.
Mozart - Great Mass - Leppard - EMI.
Bach - Art of Fugue/Musical Offering - Nikolayeva - Hyperion.
Bach - St. Matthew Passion - Herreweghe - Harmonia Mundi.
Beethoven/Mozart - Piano and Wind Quintets - Perahia - Sony.
Handel - Messiah - Boston Baroque - Telarc.
Handel - Heroic Arias - Bowman/King - Hyperion.
Haydn - Piano Sonatas - Brendel - Philips(box set).
Shostakovich - Preludes & Fugues, Op. 87 - Nikolayeva - Hyperion.
Mozart - Piano Concerto # 17 & 18 - Schiff/Vegh - London.

Honorable mention goes to WTC by Gould on Sony, Bach's Christmas Oratorio
and Mass in B Minor by Gardiner on Archiv, Beethoven's late piano sonatas
by Pollini on DG, Mozart's Requiem by Bohm on DG, Mozart's violin Concertos
by Lin on Sony, and Janacek piano works by Rolling on Ottavo.

Don Satz