From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 07:44:08 -0600
Ray Bayles wrote:

>Pilz was charged with selling highly rated performances
>and recordings without giving any credit and without paying any fees or
>royalties - world wide.  I know a radio station that still plays their
>collection of 100's of Pilz CD's phony names and all.

By the way, there are two articles of related interested in the Journal of
the Association of Recorded Sound collections.  They were written by Lumpe,
a record collector in Germany.  He tried to track down the performances on
labels like Royale, Plymouth and other "pirates." And then let us not
forget the those wonderful Aries recordings...

Karl