From:
Mark Seeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:53:44 -0500
Roger Hecht wrote:

>Solti hasn't exactly enthralled me with his Bruckner, but I do like his
>7th with the Vienna Philharmonic very much.

I have not heard Solti, but one name that has not been mentioned is
Dohnanyi with the Cleveland Orchestra.  I do like CvD's 6th and 7th with
Cleveland -- but the others he recorded have not won me over, especially
his 4th and 9th.  Does he miss the element of spirituality or transcendence
in these symphonies? Are they "too clean?"

Mark