From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 10:25:15 +0100
Derek LIm writes:

>Hi, I would like some recommendations for Liszt's B-minor Sonata.  I notice
>on classical net a recording by John Browning (Delos) How good is this and
>how does it "stack up" to the other "standard" recordings?

I haven't heard that many recordings of the B-minor sonata, but Brendel and
Arrau(?) were recommended in Gramophone (the article was on the Web).  I
have a LP with Bernard d'Ascoli (blind, in fact).  La Leggeriezza (sp?) and
Franck's Prelude,Chorale et Fugue are alos included on this LP.  I don't
know if's available on CD.  I've heard Horowitz and it made a (too) violent
impression on me.

By the way, what ever happened to d'Ascoli?

Mikael