From:
Hitoshi Asaoka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 22:18:56 -0500
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I find the following releases greatly whet my appetite.  If you have
>heard any of them, please give me your thoughts:
>
>Brull - Piano Concertos - Hyperion.
>Handel Arias - Scholl - HM.
>Mozart - Mitridate - Rousset - London.
>Mozart- Piano Concertos - Argerich - Teldec.
>Schubert - Piano Sonata D.960 - Hough - Hyperion.
>Bruch - String Chamber & Piano Qintet - CPO.

I heard Argerich's Mozarto concerto on Teldec among them.  She plays No.2,
Rabinovitch plays No.19 and both play No.10.  Actually I have just lended
out to my friends, so please allow me to make some mistakes.

I felt that Argerich's performance was rather lighter than I expected.
I could not specify whose cadenza she is using, but I enjoyed her "solo"
performance anyway.  That part sounds much more spontaneous than with
orchestra.  Overall she did not really drive the orchestra up as she did
in the past concerto recordings, I felt.  I am not quite moved.

It was interesting to hear that Rabinovitch's performance sounded like
Argerich in 1970-80s.

*** Hitoshi Asaoka ([log in to unmask]) ***