From:
Henk van Tuijl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:42:04 +0200
Donald Satz wrote:

>I don't have the Duchable/Plasson, but a review in Gramophone was highly
>negative.  The Gramophone conclusion was that Duchable displayed not one
>trace of poetry - just a bunch of note banging.  I'm going to acquire it
>regardless; I have a very high opinion of Duchable and am very interested
>in his approach.

The Grammophone has its facts wrong.  There is enough poetry, as is to be
expected of Duchable.  However, he sometimes has problems with the notes.
For some reason or other he lacks the natural ease which is essential for
a good performance of the early Chopin.  And Plasson is, as usual, not the
ideal partner.  I am looking forward to hear your opinion.

Regards, Henk