From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:23:38 -0500
Karl Miller wrote:

>Perhaps there are other performances, but I know of but one...
>
>Pettersson: Symphony No.7
>Houston SO; Comissiona
>23-24 Oct 1982

Wonderful!  In 3 years, it will be time for the 20th anniversary
commemoration of the sole American performance of a Pettersson work!
Not too soon to get started preparing for it.

Seriously, though, the neglect of Pettersson on these shores is pathetic.
Perhaps we can use this list, and the North American Pettersson fans on it,
to get a groundswell started to induce more performances.  One problem may
be that his personal life and political views don't exactly mesh with the
standard American image of a musical hero--Beethoven, Mozart, etc.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]