From:
Ruben Stam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:45:20 +0200
For some reason, I have been reluctant to start a serious exploration
of the repertoire of Nordic composers, first and foremost Sibelius.
I occasionaly caught snippets of the symphonies and symphonic poems on
radio, but was usually underwhelmed by what I heard.  Now I'd seriously
like to have a go at the Fin in a comprehensive and not too expensive CD
collection.  I know I will be chastised for not necessarily wanting to
choose the best performance available for each work, but would the box
with the complete symphonies by the Deutsches Sinfonie Orchester under
Sanderling be a safe bet? I can get this for the equivalent of $ 30 (5
discs).

thanks,
Ruben