From:
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:03:58 -0600
Everitt Clark:

>The gist of Rosen's argument was that the sorry state of the classical
>music scene in America today (in terms of appreciation among the general
>populace) is due to the sorry state of music education in public schools.

I'd say put it in the schools, only because it's hard to find this music
anywhere else.  If it were broadcast with any regularity, I'd be more
carefree.  I'd also want the return of students making music and being
taught solfeg and ensemble playing and singing for purposes other than
accompanying a football game.  In fact, I want this more than I want free
CDs.

Steve Schwartz