From:
MARY BLACK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:55:49 +1000
This lady is going to have problems as the breast tissue in her armpit will produce milk - you cannot suppress it if she is lactating. I would have advised her if at all possible and if she is dead set on breastfeeding to surgically remove it prior to getting pregnant - drastic but the only thing that is likely to work. As it is I do not think I would recommend breastfeeding in this case - last time she only managed a few days and then had to stop.

By the way, I really  hope that I am wrong!!

Regards

Mary E Black
Professor of Public Health
Dept of Social and Preventive Medicine