Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 00:16:17 EST
i keep bottles of GV in my bag, they only cost $3. i figure it is much easier
to get compliance if you give it to the mom right then at a visit. then i
charge a heck of a lot for consultations, and include the price of something
like the GV as overhead. sometimes it is awfully hard to get out and find a
store with something like GV. they didn't use to keep it on the shelf at my
grocery store pharmacy, but after the first time i bought a bottle, they
ordered another one, and so now there is always one there. they never ask what
anything is going to be used for, how unprofessional!

i always urge people to try gentian violet first. why? cheap, i can give it to
them, works fast, doesn't need an RX, probably less thrush is resistant to it
than to anything else. and purple is my favorite color.

i also now tell all my moms to use the equivalent of the APNC, without the
anti-fungal if they wish and there are no signs of thrush yet.

carol brussel IBCLC
promoter of purple nipples