Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 23:36:58 -0500
Anne and anyone else interested in getting Breastfeeding information - here
is an easy way to get started....

-on the internet go to the Pediatrics site at http://www.Pediatrics.org
-this is the journal's home page. [you can get to lots of info from here]
-click on the "MEDLINE" button from the 10 buttons on the lower half of the
page
[this brings you to the NIH and allows you to search journals]
-there are help buttons and instructions all over - it is very simple
[for example I typed BREASTFEEDING in the search box and got 11,813
articles - so there's lots of info out there]
-unless you have LOTS of time on your hands, you'll want to narrow your
search by combining terms
BREASTFEEDING  DURATION  got me 868 articles
BREASTFEEDING  DURATION  INFLUENCE  got 104
BREASTFEEDING  DURATION  INFLUENCE FATHER narrowed it down to 8

This will let you read the abstract where available - can't tell you about
the article service - I've always gone to the library myself - never
ordered the article on line....

It is a very useful tool and simple to use --- hints in my next post
Gail
Gail S. Hertz, MD, IBCLC
Resident,  Dept. of Pediatrics
PSGHS Children's Hospital