From:
Andrew Carlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:12:32 -0500
Aaron J. Rabushka is curious:

>Deutschland Ueber Alles" is banned again? Where and when did this happen?

It presented insurmountable problems to selling Mercedes Benz in Israel.
Actually, I think it was the Western occupying powers together with the
shrewd Germans who realized they weren't going to get into the first
trans-national European organizations with a anthem that openly advertised
their desire to take over their now "friendly" neighbors lock, stock and
barrel.  Besides, they can still listen to the Kaiser Qt.  and dream.  Hey,
I listen to it and dream also and all I want is visit these musically rich
countries.

In the interest of full disclosure the writer is willing to sign an
affidavit that he has no financial interest in the upcoming Dresdener
Bank deal with Mom's State Bank of New York. --Andrew E. Carlan