From:
Henk van Tuijl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:27:04 +0100
Mong H. Jong wrote:

>For Chopin:Nocturnes,what about Arrau,Barenboim,Harasiewicz? I have
>Arrau's,the later two are what I thought I would like to have in the near
>future.  Or I should first appreciate Pires's? I really need somebody
>kindly give me some recommendation..

Barenboim may be a genius but he certainly is the most boring one ever.
Harasiewicz is mediocre.  One of the best recordings of the complete
nocturnes is Rubinstein's.  Arrau is on the same level.  Pires is highly
acclaimed - and for good reasons.  However, I personally like Leonskaya's
recording better, for no obvious reasons - just a question of taste.

Regards, Henk