From:
"Mong H. Jong" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:57:14 +0800
Hello,I'm only speak about my experience for I have a canary.  I've it(red
factor canary)for over one and half a year.  It's male.  you can say it
will be influenced by music for when I place him in my room and let it be
free,as I play music loud it will often stimulately sing its melody.  It
sings loudly,really!  But it appreciate the classical as mush as the pop
music~ And it sings all the time no matter there is music or not,especially
everytime I slept late and havn't had a visit to him...  My friend has a
cat(longhaired cat)and I found her(it's female)never has any interest in
any music no matter what we play or sing.

P.S. 1.The birds store suggested me to have a male canary alone for him will
sings forever to try to call his partner.
2.I found my canary's singing skills had a little improvment for this half
year I always play classical music when it's in my room.
3.I like to play Mozart's flute concertos or quarters for my canary to
appreciate for I always find it enjoys greatly then sings happily all the
time.

Thank you share my canary's story.
Mong