From:
James Hunsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 21:39:18 -0500
Joseph Previte wrote:

>So, which set/sets are indispensible? So far I have and adore the following
>sets:
>
>Francescatti Violin Concertos
>Schumann Symphonies with Szell
>Dvorak Symphonies with Szell
>Brahms Piano works with Fleisher
>Ravel with Casdesus
>Shostakovich with Rostropovich and Oistrahk
>Liszt with Arrau

None of the above are indispensible in the sense that they were all
available on LP by the thousands and are on the used market.  In my
opinion, there is only one meeting that criterion in the series, the Ysaye
recital, not available since the early years of the century.  Not to be
missed.

Jim Hunsley