From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:55:54 -0600
Bob Kasenchak wrote:

>Anybody else know Sowerby's Sym 2?

Yes and his 3rd as well.

>...  Sowerby seems to be completely unknown except for some sacred choral
>and organ music, but wrote some nice orchestral music and tone poems too.

My first exposure was his music for organ.  It is surprising to see how
much his music was done during his lifetime.  I also like his choral music.
Some of the orchestral works like the Violin Concerto don't do much for me.

As a curious aside, I wonder if anyone else out there might have noticed
some similarity between his work "Theme in Yellow" and the Waxman score to
the film Bride of Frankenstein!

Karl