From:
Brad Leissa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:23:09 -0500
William Hong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Another major aspect of Lully's works are his sacred pieces, his Motets,
>both "Grand" and "Petite".  For the latter, I am only familiar with
>a recording on Harmonia Mundi by Christie/LAF, which is quite lovely.
>A series of recordings of the Lully Grands Motets has been done by Le
>Concert Spirituel under Herve Niquet on the French label FNAC; I am not
>sure how available these are at present...

Virgin Veritas has a contract with the Centre de Musique Baroque de
Versailles to release the recordings they had made with Fnac Musique --
there are 18 CDs of French Baroque music in Fnac's "Musique a Versailles"
recording project.

On the other hand, with regard to the Lully Grands Motets, it appears that
Naxos is re-issuing these with a limited French distribution. For example,

Grands motets vol. 2: Gens Fouchecourt Lamy Harvey - Le Concert Spirituel -
H. Niquet; Naxos 8.554 398F

Grands motets vo. 3: Desrocher Fouchecourt Harvey - Le Concert Spirituel -
H. Niquet; Naxos 8.554 399F

Brad Leissa, M.D.
Bethesda, Maryland, USA
http://www.intr.net/bleissa