From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:30:47 +1100
Aaron J. Rabushka had:

>...just finished listening to the Muti/Philadelphia Scriabin 1st
>Symphony.  Great performance and recording.

with which Mimi Ezust agreed, thus disagreeing with those of us who were
less than enthusiastic about the Muti/Philadelphia recordings.  I agree
with Aaron and Mimi (I've also got the 2nd but haven't heard the 3rd),
which goes to show the danger of generalising.  I was thinking, among
others, of his Beethoven symphonies which, on what I've heard of them,
are almost boring.

Richard Pennycuick