From:
Gal Shalev <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 01:22:12 PST
I just saw this amazing film.  I must say that i got quite an impression
from this man.  There is something supernatural in him:  the way he speeks,
acts and the fact that he can learn a Prokoffief Sonata in one day and play
it at such a high level of musicality(some feat that takes a pianist like
me a year and I still wont play it at his level).  You dont even see face
expressions when he is tackling passages that are technically hard for
others:  Prokofief 5th or Chopin etudes.  he is foreign to technical
problems.

Supernatural repertoire!!  Most Chopin, much Beethoven, handel, Bach,
Shostakovitch, Prokofief, Rachmaninoff, Haydn, Schubert, Schumman,
Debbussy, Brahms, Strauss, Lizt, Ravel.......  In the movie he claims
that he has a repertoire of 80 programs which is approximately 120 hours
of music by heart!!Not including loads of chamber music and all of the
operas of Wagner by heart!

"Gal Shalev" <[log in to unmask]>