From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 01:39:29 -0600
This topic is very interesting.  Some years ago i was talking about
thisthings,with a friend who is a Psyco -analist who is a music lover.
The opinion i will tell is not mine, but from the Psyco -analist.  He
told me: one of the big worries in a life of women is to be ofended.
Well then he asked to me:why the women is afraid of reptils, and of
mouses?.  Well he told to me: some music too, or some Instruments has
such a kind of personality and even them suggested a genre, and when they
suggested a genre they make it not soft but screaming.  WELL, this is
what happen with the huge pipe organ, specially when you play it with a
"Ripieno" register.  and in Fortissimo.  For the men it reinforce his
personality, but for women it "invade" her privacy and else.  Of course
this conversation was very long,and we were speaking about this kind of
associations with other instruments, and with diferent kind of genres, etc.
I think it was a very interesting point of view, and i agree about that
opinion,but(anyway) i think it's more subjetive than objetive.

Regards
Gerardo:.