From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:57:17 +0100
Kar Ming:

>Has anyone heard the complete Sibelius symphony set (1-7) by
>Saraste/Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra - Live in St Petersburg on the
>Finlandia label.  Any thoughts as to how the cycle compares to Berglund's
>earlier set in the EMI Forte series (mid-to-late 80s)?

Saraste is fine, but a tuch uneven (and listening to the St. P' audiece is
not that fun...), Berglund is well worth the outlay, I'd say his best shot
at Sibelius.  A rival budget set is Collin Davies on Philps Duo.  If You
want the best....  My vote goes for Vanska (a's umlauted) on BIS - These
are just right..

Cheers

Peter Lundin