From:
"John G. Deacon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:19:13 +0100
I am interested to enquire as to the language WW will use to address this
audience?  I met him on business on two occasions and on both he gave the
impression that he does not (or would not?) speak English.  Perhaps he is
like de Gaulle?

When he addressed the collected senior staff of Philips Classics he spoke
only German and I never heard a word of English from him duirng all that
week even though 85% of the group couldn't speak German.

On another occasion the guests, at a pre-performance meeting in his office,
were Japanese and WW's words had to be translated into English and then into
Japanese (and vice versa).  Although the meeting appeared to be in good time
it took a while to complete in this manner.  He didn't have to hold the
curtain!

John G. Deacon
Home page:         http://www.ctv.es/USERS/j.deacon