From:
Jane Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:21:58 -0500
I didn't realize how many people actually are listening to the background
music of soaps on TV, commercials on radio as well as TV.  Perhaps parents
will be surprised when children start to ask for recordings of that song
they heard as they were jogging or are on hold on the telephone.  Then
it is up to the store clerk to come up with the title, best label and
performers.  But it is a step in the right direction.  A plumber fixing my
heater once observed my child learning to whistle using a Chopin Nocturne
that I was learning at the time.  Given the right information one can adapt
it to many situations.