From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:52:27 +0100
Paul MacKay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm surprised nobody mentionned De Sabata (EMI References).

Not the slightest of surprise arise in my brain!  The singers don't really
come out in this set, and de Sabata conducts the Requiem as if he was
conducting a danse caractheristique by Tjajkovskij.

The best Verdi Requiem I have heard is Fritz Reiners with the Wiener
Philarmoniker and Price/Bjoerling/Tozzi/Elias.  You see he has good singers
- and the worlds best orchestra!

James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>