From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:39:19 +0100
I only know one work by Rochberg, the violin concerto - its available on
one of the discs in the Isaac Stern series coupled with the Stravinski
concerto.  It was also written after the death of Rochbergs son and seems
to belong to the meditative and inward-turning works like Contra Mortem et
Tempus, reviewd by Jon.  Apparently it marked a new start for Rochbergs
compositions developing away from the more heroic earlier works.  Its
certainly a well crafted and nice concerto, but I would not put it amongst
the greayesy of this century.

I heard some marvels about Rochbergs 3rd quartet, but could not find any
recording of it here in Europe!

Achim Breiling