From:
Philippa Greenwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 23:41:32 +0100
Kar Ming wrote:

>Funny...  I'm starting to like Brahms' Symphonies but having trouble
>appreciating his piano pieces (it's not that I don't like them but can't
>figure out why they're great).

Yes, I empathise.  For myself, it helps to play the piano works in order to
see the detail.  Often, many pieces are intended more for the satisfaction
of the performer than audience (I say that with caution but I know that is
correct in some cases).

Radu Lupu is a wonderful Brahms pianist. He has recorded all the
Rhapsodies and Intermezzi. I do not know the record label.

Philippa G