Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 07:29:45 +1100
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
I bought this several months ago, yet another of the cpo delights
whose praises Don Satz was singing.  I recognise the first movement from
somewhere else.  The only other Michael Haydn I have is an old CD of
three symphonies (22, 30, 41) on MMG and it's in none of those.  The only
explanations I can think of are that Michael borrowed it from Joseph (or
somebody else), or vice versa.  The mystery irritates me every time I hear
it.  Can anyone help?

BTW, the two CDs of Joseph Haydn's overtures on Koch are very HIP and very
exhilarating.

Richard Pennycuick