Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 00:01:25 -0500
From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
John Smyth wrote:

>You know, I've got to say that this is the only piece of music I've ever
>had to turn off--and I don't mean to sound flippant when I say this.  I
>keep it my collection and will continue to try it from time to time.  (MTT
>and the Chicago)

Was it the music itself you had trouble with, or this particular
performance? If the former, I wouldn't be embarassed -- it's hardly
something that would appeal to everyone, and there are many composers I
can't seem to get into whom others praise to the skies.  If you are still
working on it, congratulations!  I've been plugging away at the Concord
Sonata for several years; I think I have been making some progress on it
lately, but it's really been a marathon effort.

If it's the performance, do you have any others to recommend?

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]