From:
Jeanne Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 06:38:20 -0600
Janette,
> The reason for
> this she said was fluid loss in surgery (and I thought we were concerned
> about extra fluid after surgery or labor!)

NONSENSE!  *If* the nurse has seen that cesarean mothers tend to have
their milk come in on day 5, it's because they are separated from their
babies, and the nurse is giving supplements!  How does she know this,
anyway, when mothers are leaving the hospital 3 days after a cesarean?

This is where you repeat after Cathy Liles, "Show me the research!"

Jeanne, who didn't see her baby for 12 hours after a cesarean, was given
sleepy, tummy-full baby every 4 hours, and had pathologic cantalope
engorgement on day 3. (Guess you hit a nerve :-D)
--
Jeanne Mitchell, Austin, TX
http://www.flash.net/~xanth/home.htm