From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 21:43:34 -0800
Hi All,
Thought you might enjoy a story - some might find it somewhat difficult to
accept because of our societys messed up thinking - but most of you, I feel,
will enjoy it for its tenderness.  The story is shared with permission.  :)

My friend with the twins has a 7.5 yr old daughter.  Her daughter is a big
girl for her age, the size of your average 10 yr old.  She is on the plump
side and looks as if she might want to start wearing a training bra.  Well,
I went over to their house last night.  The daughter was not wearing a
shirt.  No big deal.  She was holding one of the babies.  Does this all the
time.  The tender part?  She was trying to nurse the baby!  She had the baby
in a CORRECT cradle hold, and was holding her little breast in a C-hold
trying to help the baby (who was eagerly rooting) latch.  Her mom says,
"Honey, stop teasing the baby!"  "But mom, it feels nice to nurse the baby!"  :D

Now, my rearing was that something like this would be looked at as a totally
inappropriate action - but my adult re-education of what is normal told me
that this was a wonderful and tender moment.  This little girl will be a
great mom when it is her time.  It turns out that she has also tried to
nurse her younger sister and brother when they wer babies (she is the
oldest)!  What I liked best was that her mom did not make any kind of a big
deal about it at all - it was simply a normal part of life.

Love these stories, especially when I get to witness them firsthand!

Jay Simpson, CLE
Sacramento, California, West Coast, USA
"No Miracles performed here, just a lot of love and hard work."