From:
Lionel Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:34:15 +0800
Ong Yong Hui <[log in to unmask]> asks:

>I was browsing around the Prokofiev section at Towers yesterday when I saw
>a CD with Anne Sophie Mutter there playing his first concerto, the Glazunov
>and some other modern work.  What makes me gasp is that the CD bears the
>Erato label!  Could one of DG's most valuable violinist have taken flight
>to other labels?

No. She still records exclusively for DG.  The Erato recording was made
and released years ago, I think in the 80s, but Erato recently reissued it
at a lower price and with a more glamorous-looking cover.  BTW, if you care
about Prokofiev and how it ought to be played, you should avoid that
recording of the 1st Violin Concerto.

In case you don't already know, Mutter also recorded for EMI before DG
decided to give her an exclusive contract.

Lionel Choi
Singapore
http://www.singnet.com.sg/~lionelc/dummies.html