From:
Ong Yong Hui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 15:50:52 +0800
The Flying Inkpot wishes everyone a Happy New Year!

No ink is spared for the first issue of 1999!  (We're going to call it the
249th Anniversay of Bach, get it? Oh, and Happy Birthday to Poulenc too!)

=> We celebrate the Poulenc's 100th birthday with his cheeky harpsichord
concerto and other Parisian delights. Chia Han-Leon is le chef.

=> Adrian Tan finds some mail from Brandenburg, bringing him bach
memories of tasteless composer jokes.

=> Jeffrey Dane shows us just what Brahm's piano can do at the Brahms
Museum. Watch the man pose beside the pianos!

=> The Inkpot Sibelius Nutcase strikes again, threatening to make readers
feel disembodied from life until they get a Sibelius CD.  But first, he
complicates our choice of the First Symphony.  Ah, love makes one go mad...

The new issue also finds an inkpotter sleeping on the job listening to
Lullabies, our Balakirev reviewer threatens to morph into a Russian, and

our newest writer battles his way with Debussy's Pelleas et Melisande.
Finland's Candomino Choir leads our concert reviews.

......All at Classical Music Reviews Department of The Flying Inkpot

   http://inkpot.com/classical

Ong Yong Hui