From:
Lionel Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 02:16:08 +0800
Lunar New Year greetings to all music-lovers out there!

If the jarring festive music is driving you crazy this New Year, then tune
in to PASSION 99.5FM on **TUESDAY FEB 16TH** (first day of Chinese New
Year) at about 3.15pm for Cosmic Classics.  Usher in the brand new year
with me as I play you Classical-period masterpieces performed by the
greatest names in classical music.

Listen to these true keyboard giants of both the past and the present,
including Sviatoslav Richter, William Kapell, Maria Yudina and Martha
Argerich, as well as one of the most fascinating violinists of our time,
Gidon Kremer, in works by Beethoven and Haydn.

The line-up this Chinese New Year will include:

* BEETHOVEN -- Eroica Variations (performed by Maria Yudina)
* BEETHOVEN -- Violin Sonata in G major, Op.30 No.3 (performed by Gidon
   Kremer and Martha Argerich)
* BEETHOVEN -- Piano Concerto No.2 in B-flat, Op.19 (performed by William
   Kapell, piano/NBC Symphony Orchestra/Vladimir Golschmann, conductor)
* HAYDN -- Piano Sonata in D, Hob.XVI No.24 (performed by Sviatoslav Richter)

Hear all this on Cosmic Classics on Tuesday 16th February 1999, 3.15pm, on
Singapore's first and only arts and culture station, Passion 99.5FM.

Lionel Choi
Singapore
http://www.singnet.com.sg/~lionelc/dummies.html