From:
James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:52:32 +0100
I just came back from a concert in the Cassels Hall, and I must praise
the soloist Elena Kaledina!  She comes from Minsk in Belorussia and was
educated at a school for musically talented kids, afyter having started
playing the piano as a 5 year old, and ended at the conservatory of Minsk.
Today she's 23.

The concert was a great triumph for her; she playes Beethoven as the wise
woman, the dashing heroine in Tjajkovskij, Schumann as the mad magician,
DeBussy as the dreaming poet, Wienaiawskij as a female Don Juan...She can
play dances gently as a cat, and outbursts in Beethoven with a strong beat,
like a man...Awesome!

If anyone has heard miss Kaledina playing, I would be interested to
know...anyway, I foretell her a glowing career as concert pianist!

James Zehm <[log in to unmask]>