From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 18:59:26 -0800
Wilson Pereira ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>My first contact with classical music was through a LP set called "Festival
>of Light Classical Music", issued in Brazil about 30 years ago by "Readers
>Digest".  The LP cover was the picture "Le Moulin de la Galette" by the
>French painter Auguste Renoir.  Does anybody know if this set is available
>in its CD incarnation? Thank you for any information.

The Reader's Digest recordings from the 1960s include some truly great
examples of the gramophonist's art.  Some have been reissued on other
labels (Chandos reissued the Wild/Horenstein Rachmaninov Concertos, as did
Chesky who have also released the Horenstein Brahms 1 and two Straus discs,
the Leibowitz Beethoven cycle and quite a bit more) some have been reissued
as Reader's Digest sets (I've spotted a few in 2nd hand shops).

I am, however, unaware of any straight reissues of the original sets.
Can you recall what was in it?

Deryk Barker