From:
Henk van Tuijl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:52:58 +0100
This week I heard for the first time Shelley's recording of the Scherzi
of Chopin.  He played these scherzi exceptionally well.  And if this is the
same artist as the one who records the complete Liszt I am truly amazed.
It is as if I heard in Chopin a completely different - and far better
pianist.

1) Is Howard Shelley not the one of the Liszt- recording? Or:

2) Am I the only one to hear a difference? Or:

3) Has Shelley more affinity with Chopin?

Regards, Henk

 [You are thinking of Leslie Howard, the pianist who is recording the the
 complete Liszt for Hyperion.  I get the two confused all the time too.
 -Dave]