From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:08:30 -0500
Tom Connor wrote about the Harvard Coop's record department:

>You could be lost for hours.

Back when I was living in Boston ~20 years ago, even the much smaller MIT
Coop had a bigger CM record department than anything I had seen this side
of Rose Records in Chicago.  Much of my misspent youth was at both
Coops--sure beat studying:-)

One of my treasured moments was at the Harvard Coop in '79, when Aaron
Copland made an appearance, and I was able to get my newly purchased
recording of "Appalachian Spring" autographed by him.  As it was during the
last few years before CDs started coming out, the Columbia pressing is
absolute garbage, but I'll obviously keep it for sentimental reasons.  The
lady(?) who was in charge of the Coop's classical department in those days
ran a great operation.

>RIP Coop record department.

Ditto.

Bill H.