Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:51:22 -0800
From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Regarding my lukewarm reception to Schmidt's "Seven Seals" Derek writes:

>Have you heard the Salzburg (?) Mitropoulos on Sony? Admittedly the
>recording is mono (1959 or 60 IIRC), but the performance strikes me as
>a very powerful one.

(Doesn't one need stereophonic sound for a decent apocalypse? One speaker
is a pretty tight fit for those four horses....)

I'm usually pretty good at sensing when it is the performance that is
lacking rather than the composition.  I will take a listen to this piece
again.  Any favorite moments?

John Smyth