Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:18:21 -0400
From:
"D.T. Phi" <[log in to unmask]>
Janos Gereben wrote:

>The (NYP) orchestra is still packed with great talent (solo work
>by concermaster Glenn Dicterow, principal flutist Sandra Church, and
>principal clarinet Stanley Drucker were spectacular)

Just a few quick questions  to Janos Gereben or other knowledgeable MCML
members:

Since when did Jeanne Baxstresser cease to be the NYPO principal flutist?

If my memory is accurate, a few years back a former student of hers,
principal flutist Timothy Hutchins of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra,
created a stir by turning down the offer to become the NYPO principal
flutist.  Instead, he proposed his former teacher for the post.  The NYPO
did switch the offer and Ms.  Baxstresser did accept it.  Where is she now?

D.T. Phi