Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:53:18 -0800
From:
"William J. Karzas" <[log in to unmask]>
Marty Nivkison II wrote:

>I was wondering about something that I hope you guys can help me out with.
>It has to do with the movie Shine, about David Helgoff's pianistic career
>(or lack, therof...).  When his father sat at the Califone (small record
>player...oops, have to be politically correct and say TURNTABLE), he placed
>what I think to be a 78 of someone preforming the Rachmaninov 3rd Piano
>Concerto.  I was wondering as to whom that recording was.  I have a strange
>feeling it was either Rachmaninov, Horowitz, or Van Cliborn (sp?)/
>Kaskashkin(sp?). ...

If the 78 was for real, it would not have been Van Cliburn/Kondrashin.
By 1958 or so when it was recorded, 78's were long gone. So that leaves
Rachmaninoff, Horowitz/Coates and possibly a later Horowitz.

Regards,

Bill Karzas                     [log in to unmask]