From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:11:26 PST
Pat, I agree with the follwoing from yuor post "I'm not against these
one week courses.  Heaven only knows (and all of us)
that we need MORE, MORE, MORE breastfeeding education.  I'm against
giving these attendees a title and the false impression that they are
just as knowledgeable and equipped to help with breastfeeding problems
as the IBCLC."

I know this is not a list exclusively for ILCA (International Lactation
Consultant Assn) members, and I know not everyone is a member, but just
wanted to mention that ILCA is the organization that can help us with
this situation. And they are working on it. If you care to, please
support them.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
ILCA REGION 6 REP, USA
Louisiana Breastfeeding MediaWatch Campaign
Violet Louisiana, USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]