From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 00:12:51 -0700
Heatther,

MRSA stands for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus.  The only
drug which irradicates it effectively is vancomycin, a very powerful
I.V. antibiotic.  I think treatment is usually a week, possibly
significantly more.  I would want to be sure that the culture was
properly done as treating this is a big deal.  Actually, some staph has
now developed intermediate resistance to vancomycin.  The physicians and
pharmacists on line can no doubt enlighten us further.

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC

BTW, Heather, you were right about the Elisheva's 5 day old who ate all
the time WHILE AWAKE.  I missed that part.  I was envisioning a baby who
was never satisfied.