HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 17:04:21 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Iain Stuart
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Mail*Link. SMTP               Standards for historical and industiral site
>recording
>
>I am on the newly constituted Historical Archaeology Data Standards Working
>Group for the Heritage Office of NSW (Australia). The group I am working with i
>revising and developing standards for site recording. We see this as involving:
Contact the Royal Commission on Historic Monuments, and ask for copies
of the CIDOC draft data standard for Archaeological Sites.

You might also want to look at the Royal Commission's MIDAS standard.

They have also produced a couple of thesauri for archaelogical objects,
and for sites (which includes historical archaeology).

Email: [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,
--
Pat Reynolds