HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"MURACA DAVID F. ... RESEARCH" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:09:33 -0500
good job... not as descriptive as i had originally been led to believe... that is good, but be prepared in case anyone should object.  Dwayne has now had two years to publish on this.  Phil and I both think that there is a statute of limitation on scholarship.  Your synthesis of what this means is interesting.  Anyway here is the picky stuff:

p 8.  Rich Neck not abandoned in the 1650-1660s.  Lundsford and Kemps widow Elizabeth own property along with other property elsewhere.  The plantation continues and they certainly visit, remember there is a marker that says Lundsford is buried at RN.  I am not sure I believe that but...

P 9 paragraph 1  should read full cellar not English cellar.  Cartouche carved not molded.

p 10.  delft tiles decorated only one of the fireplaces at RN.  Again not English Basement but full.

p12.  Francis Page cellar contained flat roofing tiles.

p20.  Thomas Jones is the eighteenth century occupant not the builder of this structure.

here are some questions that i have as a result of reading your essay.  I dont know if we can know these things but they did occur to me.

p25  Did Pettus really live at this site?  I dont know the answer to this question, but I wonder....

p26  does sample size account for the lack of 1650s structures.

aren't elites who live in post in the ground houses the outlyers now?

see you soon.   Dave