From:
Susan Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:12:48 +1000
Hi All,
I am rewriting a policy and am needing to find out what other people do if
baby doesn't have that initial good b/f. What do they do, and what time
frames are in use.
I am thinking along the lines of leaving for 3-6 hours, keeping a very close
eye out for feeding cues, lots of skin to skin, expressing milk into babies
mouth and if all else fails, to express mum and give EBM via orogavage feed.
(Obviously baby is sleepy for whatever reason)
This policy is for healthy term neonates.
Please reply asap, as I am hoping to get this done this weekend!
Thank you for your collective wisdom
Susan in Australia