HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
VEE RING LTD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:15:11 -0400
If you wish to visit a page on the Internet with "news links" - selected in
the context of maritime archaeology - try this one.

http://anthro.org/marine3.htm

The "editorial" from California was linked there the day it was published --
for anyone to read -- because a newspaper took an "editorial position" that
they phrased "rooting for" a "salvage operation" that has been in court many
years.  The actual facts leading to the court action are not news.  That
matter has been going on for years.

If you run across other "maritime related news" on the Internet that might
be of interest to professional anthropologists, I invite you to send along
the URLs so that others might read them.  Just the links, not copies of
articles via email.  And I thank you.

As for who did what to whom, and what redeeming social value, or lack
thereof, whatever might or might not have, my position is well known.  Do it
in the best interest of society or don't do it at all.

Warm regards,

Wayne Neighbors, Ph.D., J.D.
CEO, Vee Ring Ltd
http://anthro.org/