From:
Gauthier Buddy J <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 07:31:28 -0500
I will do that. Thanks for the help, Thomas. As for as the speck, it smaller
than a bee egg. It is about the size of two heads of a pin.

P.S.
I just received a call from a gentleman named Carl Rieger, who is an ex-bee
man. Back in the late '70s, he had a couple hundred hives and was doing
quite well until a crop duster got his wires crossed and sprayed orange
groves that his bees were pollinating. He lost everything, including the
will and desire to stay in the bee business. You might also remember the
terrible movie entitled "Killer Bees" filmed in New Orleans featuring the
Superdome. Those were his bees. (I still fuss him about doing that movie. I
know he did it out of fun and he meant no harm, so I forgive him.)
Anyway, he heard that I got my first hive; he was getting ready to move and
asked me if I would like the remainder of his equipment. I told him, "Are
you kidding??!!??" I'm leaving in 30 minutes to see what he has. I'm taking
it all.

Just sharing this, since I can not contribute technically, yet.

Buddy

Suggestion was:
        Pull one out with a toothpick and squish it
        Is it gummy like proposlis ?
        Does it squash like an insect egg ?