HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Your Name <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 19:32:27 EST
In the agency where I work, we devote time to public education, particularly
for our own employees unfamiliar with our archeological commitments in
transportation projects.  Probably the emphasis on such outreach will only
increase in the future.  We as archeologists need to inform the public about
what we do and why.  So much negative/incorrect opinion is out in the
marketplace, and we have to have the public's buy-in and support to keep the
laws in force.  I'd rather the information came from us rather than from the
metal detector organizations.          Barbara Hickman